Rasslin'
Didn't see Mania.

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Not many surprises, though most people said Punk vs Taker was a classic.

Great to see The Shield win. That's three or four times they have lined up against a team of former world champs and won, cleanly. Who would have thought a year ago that Dean Ambrose would pin 9 time world champ Randy Orton cleanly at Wrestlemania? So they are building up people and trying to give them traction.

On to RAW. Seriously, one of the best shows ever, largely because of the awesome crowd. Massive Brit contingent there, clearly just fucking about.

Spoilers!

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
The crowd singing the Fandango theme for the whole show after he wrestled was hilarious. I hope that catches on.

Great to see the reaction Daniel Bryan got. The crowd adored him.

Dolph Ziggler's reaction was incredible. Great cash in, and he's so awesome.

Loved how nobody really gave a shit about Orton vs Sheamus.

Miz vs Barrett. I don't have a problem with a short title reign. Miz is more established, and they're trying to get Barrett raised up a bit. I like it when it seems like either person could win a match. Seems like a proper rivalry (though I don't think they gel well in the ring; Miz works best with Sports Entertainment showmen like Cena, Barrett works best in a physical brawl).

No Cesaro or Punk. Boo! Though the crowd might have just exploded for them.

So much fun, was Raw.

Man, Jake looks good!
That DDP Yoga seems to be doing great stuff at the moment... Makes me feel kind of guilty for downloading it. :S
Yeah, who'd've thought you can beat crack addiction by stretching.
I know I sound cynical, but I struggle to believe anything that comes out of a wrestlers mouth.
Morte wrote:
This is all getting slightly too post modern for me.

Full story about this is here:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/899 ... glenn-beck

Fair play to the WWE...or is it another Jerry Lawler vs Andy Kauffman 'bit'?

Finally got to see the clip. That was brilliant. Perfectly done.
Holy arcing jets of salty jism! Savage vs Jushin Liger!

Madness! Undertaker vs Bruiser Brody!

The 'Anti Immigrant' story line has continued this week with Zeb Colter of the WWE calling out John Oliver as an Immigrant Rat taking an American's job (he's currently the temporary host of 'The Daily Show' while John Stewart directs a film).

Below is Oliver's response...

That's pretty amazing. More for the commentary than the Oliver promo, but wow. Good segment.

I miss the Daily Show!
John Oliver is one of my favourite people in the world.
I'm surprised they didn't change the show's title.
Grim... wrote:
I'm surprised they didn't change the show's title.

They probably contractually can't. Ego stuff. Sorry, branding. ;)

That's what led to 'The Chris Moyles Breakfast Show, presented by Scott Mills', whenever the bully boy from Rothwelll went on his hols.
Fuck you, chris!
I think I missed most of George Steeles time in the WWF because I started watching at Wrestlemania 6, but that book looks like it could be interesting.

I read Classy Freddie Blassie's book around the time of his death again, I didn't know much about his career but it was brilliant.
Miss Elizabeth.

*sigh*
Dimrill wrote:
Dead.

Damn you, Lex Luger!

Quote:
Professional wrestling was not exactly the set of The Waltons. Sometimes, the only thing warm and fuzzy about it was the hair on my chest and back.

:DD
I fully recommend watching the Scott Hall RFvideo shoot interview. He comes across as a very nice man. Hope he's able to overcome his demons before they kill him off.
On a whim, I watched the Bret Hart 'documentary' on Netflix a week or so back. Very strange it is. Oddly forced. I couldn't shake the feeling that there's a whole other layer to the wrestling world that sits between the kayfabe and the actual reality. Either that, or the wrestlers themselves have no idea what's real or fake.

I'm halfway through Hart's book now and he really does think that he's the best there was etc. His account of the Wembley Summerslam match with Davey Boy is not very accurate.

Like I said: Odd.
Wrestling With Shadows?
I might watch that, ta.
Dimrill wrote:
Wrestling With Shadows?

Aye.

MaliA wrote:
I might watch that, ta.

US Netflix only, FYI.
DavPaz wrote:
Dimrill wrote:
Wrestling With Shadows?

Aye.

MaliA wrote:
I might watch that, ta.

US Netflix only, FYI.

Then again, maybe I won't. :)
MaliA wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Dimrill wrote:
Wrestling With Shadows?

Aye.

MaliA wrote:
I might watch that, ta.

US Netflix only, FYI.

Then again, maybe I won't. :)

Add it to Grim...'s couch potato queue.
If you enjoyed that, try the exceptional Beyond the Mat. Both came out around the same time and had actually became enmeshed in my memory until I rewatched them a couple of year sago.
Dimrill wrote:
If you enjoyed that, try the exceptional Beyond the Mat. Both came out around the same time and had actually became enmeshed in my memory until I rewatched them a couple of year sago.

I have actually seen that on you tube a while back. That's the Mick Foley focused one, yes?
Foley and Jake Roberts, ar.
Finished Bret Hart's book. Might have got a bit of dirt in my eye towards the end.
I tried reading Bret's book, but my god, he's a mark for himself.
Pundabaya wrote:
I tried reading Bret's book, but my god, he's a mark for himself.

Yeah, he's genuinely convinced that he's the best there is, was and ever will be. :)
In other news, Yoshi Tatsu won a match!*

*non-televised Japanese house show match.
Looks like TNA's sinking.
Dimrill wrote:

If Angle comes back to WWE I'll resubscribe to satellite telly...
Sir Taxalot wrote:
Dimrill wrote:

I parsed that as "Ange"
MaliA wrote:
Sir Taxalot wrote:
Dimrill wrote:

I parsed that as "Ange"

I'd buy a fucking ticket to see it live if that were the case.
Well Sting has been putting out feelers for the last few months after his cheques started coming in late. Rumours swirling it'd be for him vs Taker at the next Mania. He might've left it a bit late for maximum sponds. RVD seems to have timed his departure perfectly.
They've fired Tara to save money and their roster on the official website is woefully small.

To be honest, I'm surprised that they've gone for this long. Also, Sting vs The Undertaker will be excellent right up until the bell rings to start the match.
Christ alive, how old is Sting now?
He's 54.

Taker is 48 and he's pretty much fucked physically.
I reckon they ought to hire Warrior after his recent WWE14 advert and reform The Bladerunners.

Pritchard and D-Lo went yesterday. Pritchard might've gone because he failed to notice Doc's contract had expired. Can't see Wee Wee being too keen to rehire Festus, though.
Weeeee has a stacked enough roster as it is. Can only see a couple of TNA folk who might get much of a run there.
Sting, Angle, Hardy... Magnus possibly.
Hardy and Angle come with some whopping great "wellness issues" though.
Pundabaya wrote:
And RVD doesn't?

Nope. Weed isn't a Wellness Policy violation, just a $1000 dollar fine each time.
Page 22 of 26 [ 1274 posts ]