*~Pets Corner!~*
Pet and animal talk ^.^
flis wrote:
My cat went missing after we moved, we'd been starting to let him out in the day and he'd come back but the stupid neighbours 9 or 10 cats would come in the house while we were out during the day through the window we left open for Jasper (our cat), which confused the poor idiot and one day he went out and didn't come back.....That was about 3 months ago.

Then on Thursday, Ramsea was walking Fin out by where we used to live (since demolished) and saw Jasper, he came to him after a bit of persuasion and now he's home! BUT!! He's not a frickin' house cat and he's getting bored already. He's not fit to go outside yet and I'm worried he'll disappear off again until he makes the house his own so we're keeping him locked in with all the windows shut, it'll stop the other Bruce cats getting in too grrrrrr, that annoys me so much. He also has the sweet as God only knows what he was eating while he was gone, his regular food isn't agreeing with him and omg the smell.......Gah! I could throw up.

Get some Oust! spray. My cat is indoors only and its is "a good thing".
Don't start spraying it around while he's still settling back in though. He needs the place to feel familiar. Just keep him in for as long as it takes but he should re-domesticate soon enough.
Jen text me when she left for work earlier to tell me she has decided to see how Willow gets on with having the run of the house while we're out. I hope she doesn't wreck anything :S
I bet when I get in she's hidden a biscuit under my pillow and is snoozing on my bed...
superdupergill wrote:
Zardoz wrote:
shoesonwrong wrote:
I'm starting to get worried. Dog food, cat food, peanut butter, nothing's working. :(

Somehow I missed this post, sorry. I bet I'm too late and you're not sitting Cassie anymore but you could have also tried cheese ( I don't know a dog who doesn't love it) or scrambled eggs. Worth remembering. Hope she's ok.

Oh I missed this as well! :( Has there been any change? When Willow is sick I make her white rice with white fish or chicken. Cheese as Zardoz says is good because all dogs seem to go mad for it, maybe she would be able to manage squeezy cheese out a tube? Really hope everything is ok x

She finally gave in and ate a few nibbles of cat food daily and then we made her run around the park in the heat until she gave in and would drink about a gallon of water after each trip. She lost weight while she was with us and hurled up bile into every corner of my house before she started her tiny amounts of cat food diet because her empty stomach was upset (imagine that), but she survived and I didn't have to take her to the vet. I was worried the whole time, but it all turned out okay.
Zardoz wrote:
Why not? Been told several times from vets that scrambled eggs are a great way to build up a recovering dog. My dogs have always been fine with cheese and milk too. The only things we don't feed Poppie are chocolate and onions.

Scrambled eggs will back the dog up and stop it from having the shits, or, keep the food in longer so it can get some calories. But milk and so on will just upset its stomach.

Of course dogs love cheese and milk, but it's not good for them. You need to remember they're carnivores so weren't designed to eat cheeses and so forth.
LaceSensor wrote:
flis wrote:
My cat went missing after we moved, we'd been starting to let him out in the day and he'd come back but the stupid neighbours 9 or 10 cats would come in the house while we were out during the day through the window we left open for Jasper (our cat), which confused the poor idiot and one day he went out and didn't come back.....That was about 3 months ago.

Then on Thursday, Ramsea was walking Fin out by where we used to live (since demolished) and saw Jasper, he came to him after a bit of persuasion and now he's home! BUT!! He's not a frickin' house cat and he's getting bored already. He's not fit to go outside yet and I'm worried he'll disappear off again until he makes the house his own so we're keeping him locked in with all the windows shut, it'll stop the other Bruce cats getting in too grrrrrr, that annoys me so much. He also has the sweet as God only knows what he was eating while he was gone, his regular food isn't agreeing with him and omg the smell.......Gah! I could throw up.

Get some Oust! spray. My cat is indoors only and its is "a good thing".

Bob Martin litter freshener FTW. It's only about 70p.
You sure that milk is bad for them? Last I checked they were mammals.
Wullie wrote:
You sure that milk is bad for them? Last I checked they were mammals.

I'm pretty certain I read that cow's milk is not good for dogs.
To be fair I wouldn't give Willow a lot of cows milk, she only gets a wee splash in with a lot of water because she loves it. I remember Reading somewhere that some dogs don't like it and it can upset their tummy but she's ok with the wee bit she gets and as I said, she loves cheese. Again though it's not something she gets very much of or very often. I don't have a problem with giving her eggs though.
I should ask my friend, the vet, about the dairy/dog conundrum. I shall text her.
I may know somebody who's put down a deposit on two gippynigs at a local breeder.
Dimrill wrote:
I may know somebody who's put down a deposit on two gippynigs at a local breeder.

Is it Dimrill?
Just emptying my old phone of photos and I found one of shed-cat from the summer:

Attachment:
IMG_0524.jpg
MaliA wrote:
I should ask my friend, the vet, about the dairy/dog conundrum. I shall text her.

MaliA's friend the Vet wrote:
...they can but they tend to be lactose intolerant so they often get the squits!
My cat keeps weeing on the sofa, the cunt.
Reminds me of when my Ma's house rabbit Biff decided the sofa was his chosen latrine place. We had to put a litter tray there and he just used to sit next to us, crapping.
A mate's cat jumped up next to him on the sofa a while back. He gave it a stroke, and the cat looked at him like he was nuts. Couldn't work out what was up with it until the cat jumped down and revealed a huge piss puddle.
She's a Sheltie, so she'll look thusly when she's a big pig.

From this:

To this:
]
haha that last one is all kinds of awesome :D

The "WTF?!?!"
My guinea pig's got a poorly eye :( the vet says he's got an infection but thinks he might have glaucoma (sp?) as well. Poor little lamb.

The antibiotics & painkillers seem to be working but he's not happy about being given the medicine. I've tried swaddling him in a towel but he just burrows himself further down so I can't get to him. Little git. Has anyone else got any tips for getting medicine down animals?
Soon I shall succeed in digging my way to freedom.

Sorry about the crap pic. I hate taking pictures into a fishtank.
Decca your wee dog is so cute!

Ange I hope your poor wee guinea pig got better :(

Craster what the hell is that!
Decca wrote:
From this:

To this:
]

Daw!!!!

I might be up your way next weekend, so I'll be interested if the snow is still there. That, and I'l drop you my Mobile number. It would be nice to see you again.
superfrostygilly wrote:

Craster what the hell is that!

Looks like a starter to me! Yum!

Or like it would clamp onto your face as soon as it got out of the tank.

I liked it better when it was food and not a scary alien :(
A Cameroonean Armoured Shrimp. It's about 8" long.
Crasmas Pudding wrote:
A Cameroonean Armoured Shrimp. It's about 8" long.
That's just a fancy name for a prawn.
Fecking Prawns
For a year now I have been trying to get my white Bengal Dolly to speak on camera. She can't miaow (due to her being an early gen Bengal apparently) so makes the most awesome chirping sounds. However, whenever she sees the camera coming she goes silent. Today with the encouragement of food I finally got her to say something for the camera. It wasn't much, but hey, it's better than nothing.

I present - Dolly wapps.

Caution. During the video I called Rapunzel 'noisy bollocks' so it's probably NSFW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoPJANk3yoM
Crasmas Pudding wrote:
Soon I shall succeed in digging my way to freedom.

Sorry about the crap pic. I hate taking pictures into a fishtank.

It DOES tend to make them soggy and the ink runs summat wicked.
You wouldnt say that after about two days with her. She is *always* like that lol. Follows you around with a concerned look on her face hollering up at you :D
Is your dad Arthur Smith?
I actually can't remember what he sounded like tbh.
GJ was a little concerned at how the cat might react to seeing his first christmas tree. After a few days of tapping at the lowest baubles, and trying to eat the branches (it's a plastic tree), he went one stage further this morning...
Attachment:
DSC03847.JPG
Wizzardoz wrote:
Aw, very cute.

He kept walking around the tree, patting at things he'd not been able to reach before while I was ready to pounce in case he brought the entire tree crashing down. Any attempts to remove him were met unfavourably until eventually he got bored and jumped out of his own accord.
One of our cats likes the taste of pine needles, and has been licking the Christmas tree. The other is fascinated by the tinsel, and keeps trying to eat it. It seems that cats as a whole have serious "tree issues".
Cats like Christmas as there are so many more things for them to do, like batting the dangly things on the tree and climbing in to any bags or boxes you brought home with pressies in. Ours also liked the bowl of mixed nuts that always appears Chez Warhead during the festive season. Nuts roll in a pleasing random way when batted out of the bowl and we'd find nuts under the furniture months later when we hauled it all out to do a bit of spring cleaning.
JoansToTheWorld! wrote:
Any attempts to remove him were met unfavourably until eventually he got bored and jumped out of his own accord.

You got him a car for Christmas?
Going down to the RSPCA tomorrow with BFF to get a old dog that will play outside in my totally dog proofed garden with daisy (and her 2 year old lab) but live in her house - we live one door away, her garden isn't secure but the escape route is into the garden down the end and then jumping down into mine. We want an older dog because it's terribly sad knowing that they are probably going to get put to sleep just because they are getting gray. http://www.chesterfield-rspca.org.uk/do ... _page1.htm "kass" is odds on favorite right now "Mika" is gorgeous but would rather defeat the purpose of our visit.

edit: context - her lab is totally bored and pining as her sister got hit by a car 6 months ago, hence the barking and scratching at my back door and the "what the hell did I leave daisy out?? Oh hello Jess"
Malaboob wrote:
You got him a car for Christmas?

It's a real pussy wagon.
Aww glass head kitty looks like an At-At.
Page 21 of 39 [ 1923 posts ]