Bits and Bobs 50
50 shades of bits
Can't be Titler, way too short a post.
Everything I've said has been massively down voted which is amusing me no end. I did go in swinging somewhat, but the entire set of comments is predictably full of people going on about how the removal of bouncing boobs from a game aimed at kids is either a pathetic climb down in the face of SJW outrage (which they've completely invented just so they can be outraged in turn) or somehow emblematic of how utterly ruined modern society is. Or both. Idiots the lot of them.
I stopped reading EG comments about three years ago and have never looked back.
Not reading comments on anything is probably the best way to live your life but I can seem to help myself. I did have a Firefox plugin that hid the comments section on various sites but it also had some weird effects on other stuff so I got rid of it.
Morrisons has a Christmas sweets aisle already
Trooper wrote:
Morrisons has a Christmas sweets aisle already

They've been out since last weekend. Chloe found these in the shop just and of course her and Joans came up with too many reasons to list, to eat them now. :-|
We’re watching The Nightmare Before Christmas :D
We’re on a mini break in Herefordshire. Yesterday we went to Brockhampton House, and we saw this...
I have a similar approach to playing on my Xbox.
DBSnappa wrote:
We’re on a mini break in Herefordshire. Yesterday we went to Brockhampton House, and we saw this...

If you read that with sew/sewing mentally replaced by wank/wanking it becomes incredible advice.
My manual 5-10 years later! Significant progress ;)

Attachment:
IMG_20180930_123922.jpg
Bamba wrote:
DBSnappa wrote:

If you read that with sew/sewing mentally replaced by wank/wanking it becomes incredible advice.

Switch out French chalk with lube, too.
Another long read

The story of the sale of London Bridge

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/id ... d_an_ocean
DBSnappa wrote:

Until the last paragraph it's genuinely good, evergreen advice about preparing to do anything creative. But the end is nuts.
zaphod79 wrote:
Another long read

The story of the sale of London Bridge

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/id ... d_an_ocean

I have visited that in Lake Havasu City. It’s funny to see it there with the City of London dragons still on it.

It was absurdly hot when we were there, so we didn’t get to see it for long. Not much to do in Lake Havasu City when it isn’t Spring Break.
Xmas sandwiches already in Boots. WTAF?
They want you to advertise for them.

It worked!
Grim... wrote:
They want you to advertise for them.

It worked!

Those wily old rascals.
There's some fucking delicious looking buttercream mince pies in the co-op and the only thing that's stopping me from buying some is the fact that's IT'S FUCKING OCTOBER.
Just scribble on the pack "Butter Scream" then you're all set for October.
Jem wrote:
IT'S FUCKING OCTOBER.

Sounds more fun than the 'sober October' campaign currently being publicised at work.
Kern wrote:
Jem wrote:
IT'S FUCKING OCTOBER.

Sounds more fun than the 'sober October' campaign currently being publicised at work.

:DD
Zardoz wrote:

Excellent. :DD
Zardoz wrote:

Missed this earlier ... brilliant. Totally doing this :DD
Findus Fop wrote:
Squirt wrote:
We're doing some "Host Family" thing for international students for the local fancy-pants boarding school, and we have our first assignment this weekend. Two 16 year old girls from China. I'm cacking myself! What do young people like? Will they just sit in their rooms playing Minecraft or will I have to speak to them? What if they ask me to help with their homework or to give them advice on boys!? ARRRRHHSGDGHASDcv .xzxcvh.....!!!@4one!!

ooh, let us know how it goes. We've been idly sizing up the idea in Brighton where there seem to be millions of international students from China.

But I suspect they won't be wanting to spending any more time in your company than you feel comfortable in theirs. They probably just want a room to chill out and do teenage things in.

So, learnings from the experience:
* Our students were basically happy to lounge about and watch Chinese Netflix. They quite happy to come shopping with us and chat and so forth, but basically didn't want to do much else
* They chuffing *LOVE* pizza.
* There was some miscommunication between the hosting org and the school - taxis came a bit late and so on. Not a big deal, but might be a pain if you had other stuff going on.
* Two 16 year old girls, who probably weigh less than I do combined, can eat an unholy quantity of food.

It all seemed to go ok and we're probably doing it again soon!
When do they take you to China to eat pizza and watch Netflix?
Jem wrote:
There's some fucking delicious looking buttercream mince pies in the co-op and the only thing that's stopping me from buying some is the fact that's IT'S FUCKING OCTOBER.

I might to pop in after training
Whoever lobbed that in should be easy to find.
Squirt wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:
Squirt wrote:
We're doing some "Host Family" thing for international students for the local fancy-pants boarding school, and we have our first assignment this weekend. Two 16 year old girls from China. I'm cacking myself! What do young people like? Will they just sit in their rooms playing Minecraft or will I have to speak to them? What if they ask me to help with their homework or to give them advice on boys!? ARRRRHHSGDGHASDcv .xzxcvh.....!!!@4one!!

ooh, let us know how it goes. We've been idly sizing up the idea in Brighton where there seem to be millions of international students from China.

But I suspect they won't be wanting to spending any more time in your company than you feel comfortable in theirs. They probably just want a room to chill out and do teenage things in.

So, learnings from the experience:
* Our students were basically happy to lounge about and watch Chinese Netflix. They quite happy to come shopping with us and chat and so forth, but basically didn't want to do much else
* They chuffing *LOVE* pizza.
* There was some miscommunication between the hosting org and the school - taxis came a bit late and so on. Not a big deal, but might be a pain if you had other stuff going on.
* Two 16 year old girls, who probably weigh less than I do combined, can eat an unholy quantity of food.

It all seemed to go ok and we're probably doing it again soon!

glad to hear it worked out. Did they each have their own room or could you put them in the same room?
We had one large room, but our students were roomies at boarding school so they were ok. I think normally the organisation prefers you to have one student per room.
I have started (attempting) to learn Korean.

It is the first time I have even tried to understand anything that isn't written with a Latin/Roman alphabet.

It is taking some getting used to.
GazChap wrote:

It is the first time I have even tried to understand anything that isn't written with a Latin/Roman alphabet.

Hangul is one of the easiest writing methods in the world to learn, though!
http://www.ryanestrada.com/learntoreadk ... 15minutes/

I went to Korea for work last year and I really loved the place. I will go back for a proper stay one day.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Hangul is one of the easiest writing methods in the world to learn, though!

Once I've got all of the various glyphs in my head I'm sure it'll all fall into place, it does seem quite straightforward so far!

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
http://www.ryanestrada.com/learntoreadkoreanin15minutes/

That does distill it down far better than the other resources I've seen, cheers.
GazChap wrote:

I learned some Russian a few years back, and it definitely takes some recalibration of the brain to use a different alphabet, even one that has some overlap.
I'm attempting ( failing ) to learn old English, and just the fact that it has a couple of extra letters and some different pronunciations is making my brain hurt.
Guten abend, Beexers.

I have spent the weekend of my 40th birthday in Cologne in Germany, which is one of my very favourite cities.

I have imbibed much Kölsch (which is a specific lager they make in Cologne and is brilliant) and had a great time.

Riles has issues about how the Allied bombing parties could have missed the (frankly incredible) cathedral here.

This is a little off base, because I'm in my Air B&B and not on a train, but...

Attachment:
IMG_20181007_012340.jpg

Forty. Forty.

What the fuck.
Happy 40th Grim...! Sounds (and looks) like you've had an awesome time!
IOS 12 installed a Stocks app on my iPad. That can fuck right off. Deleted. What’s next, a Bitcoin trading app.
Happy birthday only 40 Grim. Xx
Happy Birthday Grim...!
You're only 40 in numbers though, you're as young as the rest of us in your head. :D

Hope you've had an amazing time, can't wait to hear all about it on Friday! :luv:
Happy 40th, Grim...! x
Ooooh is that fancy patterned toilet roll?
There was nothing fancy about that place.
Happy Birthday Mali!
Happy Birthday Mali
Happy Birthday, Mali!
Mali Happy Returns
You couldn't have just held off to celebrate it at the Cottage? Never mind.. Happy Birthday Mali!
Page 21 of 100 [ 4953 posts ]