Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 1256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
 Post subject: Re: Dreams and nightmares
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:40 
Noob as of 6/8/10

Mimi wrote:
Not a dream as such, but this amused me.

Darwin was away for a few days with his scouts group on a camping trip. When he returned home he’d had a reaction or something that gave him a rash. We gave him Piriton before bed and decided to wake him at midnight for a second dose.

When I went into his room at 12, I woke him up and asked him to sit up, and was he ready to take the Piriton. He looked at me for a few seconds and looked really confused, before asking me ‘Do I recognise you from somewhere?’.

I said ‘well, I hope you recognise me’.

‘Yup’.

Who do you think I am?

‘Scout leader’.

Then Russell asks who Darwin thinks he is, and Darwin looks him dead in the eyes and said ‘well you’re Russell’.

I’m still laughing about it a few days later.

Kids can be funny when they're not fully awake.

When our daughter was about 5, one evening, a couple of hours after she'd gone to bed, she suddenly came downstairs and walked into the kitchen. Lyn followed her in and found her trying to sit on the flip top bin, clearly only half awake. When asked what she was doing, she said she 'needed a wee.' Lyn took her to the bathroom and then back to bed. The following morning she couldn't remember anything about it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 17:16 

Oh god, Darwin went on a walk in his sleep once and diligently peed up against the wall. Luckily I’d bought a new carpet cleaner just the day before.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 21:23 
Hibernating Druid

Was she ok with it?

#sexistpig

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2024 13:40 
Isn't that lovely?

In my dream last night, I was the producer/creator and voice actor of a new animated Incredible Hulk Cartoon. I was the voice of the Hulk itself, not Bruce Banner, just the hulk.

In the first half of the dream, the main tension was that as a voice actor, I didn't feel the Hulk was getting enough lines, it was too much Banner and not enough Hulk, but the producer was leaning more into that side of the character, delving into the life before the Gamma Ray incident in flash backs. So much so that there was almost two personalities involved and a hulk/producer split was starting to mirror the character in the cartoon.

I woke up before that could fully develop, but it was still the middle of the night, and when I got back to sleep, I was back in the same dream, I was in the producer's mindset, and coming up with ideas for the main baddie.

The central premise was going to be that he was an evil scientist that wanted to emulate the hulk, but without the Rage/Anger element, a controllable hulk, he managed to successfully do this, but had erred too much on preventing the rage, that actually he became almost the opposite of the hulk.

Sill big and powerful, but excessively nice and jolly, and wanting to be friendly and to please you.

Just like the hulk, he would turn at unexpected moments, and it would thwart the plans he was in the middle of executing.

Alas, I woke up again before anything specific was written.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:13 
Noob as of 6/8/10

Typically, most of the dreams I remember these days are work related in some way. This morning was no different.

I’d woken up early because I was at a residential training centre that I hadn’t been to before and I was scheduled to run a 1 day course on a Friday, but I had it in my mind that it wasn’t a very important course, though I couldn’t remember the actual subject. I assumed that I’d be using someone else’s materials and that I’d just be winging it. I'd only recently joined the company, but I couldn't remember its name or what kind of business it was.

I was in a side corridor and all my course materials, in bags, was on the floor. I was trying to decide what to do first, and thinking that I needed to get all my stuff to the training room, but realised that I didn’t know the layout of the place, so I didn’t know what room I’d be using, or where reception was so that I could ask about the room and get the key, if I needed it.

At this point, people seemed to be arriving in the corridor, but I didn’t know if they were my trainees, delegates for other courses or training centre staff. It looked like some of them had just got out of bed and I could see through a door into a residential room that there was someone only half dressed.

I went through a door into the nearest room, that I thought was a utility room, but there was a double bed in it, with one person in it, still fast asleep, even though it didn’t look like a resident’s bedroom.

I came back out of the room and was looking at the stuff on the floor and thinking I needed to start moving it, but there was so much of it that I knew I wouldn’t be able to move it all in one go. So I was standing in the corridor, still concerned that I didn’t know the subject of the course, where the room was or who the trainees were and whether all this stuff on the floor was actually all mine.

-END-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 22:08 
Noob as of 6/8/10

Another work related dream last night.

I was on a residential training course. I was in a corridor, with a lot of other people wandering around, and I was looking for my bedroom, but the rooms weren’t in numerical order. I looked in some rooms, all of which should have been bedrooms, but some of them were set up as training rooms or offices. Everyone seemed confused about what room they should be in.

Then someone said that a few of us had had rooms reserved for us in another building, that had previously been a hotel, within walking distance of the training centre.

So I set off to look for this place and found it, but it looked derelict. I thought that maybe it would be OK inside, so I tried to get to the front door. There should have been steps up to it, but they had collapsed, so I had to climb up this stone build facade to the front door and then did manage to get inside.

But again, the room numbers didn’t seem to be in numerical order and I was wandering around again, and the building also looked dilapidated inside. Then I thought I’d found my room but I couldn’t get the door open.

-END-

Notes: As a matter of fact, when I was in the civil service, we had a residential training centre in Sheffield, but when I first went there in around 1980 it had only recently been opened and the residential block wasn’t finished, so we had to stay in hotels within a couple of miles of the of the training centre, and all the buildings were stone built.

Reply to topic  [ 1256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26