Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 21153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 420, 421, 422, 423, 424
 Post subject: Re: The Movie topic
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 22:57 
Bad Girl

Look, The Blackening is supposed to be a comedy horror parody but it just ain’t ‘funny’ enough. There’s a couple of genuine chuckles to be had (like, literally 2) but it just ain’t as funny as it thinks it is. Also the cast is largely unlikeable. It reminded me a lot of that other horror with Pete Davis in it, that came out fairrrrly recently, I think. If you thought that was the best thing since sliced bread then you’ll enjoy this, but I thought it was a bag of wank.

Also the direction is shit. There’s zero atmosphere and shaky cams for static shots of people just standing still or pulling a face? Fuck outta here. Makes the cameraman look drunk for no reason.

If you want comedy horror parody then I’ll stick with Scary Movie 1. Or A Haunted House 1. And 2. Man alive, I’m just remembering that these are actually my guilty pleasure films.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 23:45 
Bad Girl

I’ve watched 45 minutes of No Hard Feelings with Jennifer Lawrence and I think it’s the best film I’ve ever seen. A stark bollock naked JL full on scrapping with teens was hilarious. I don’t even care that they CG’ed some saggy tits onto her.

THIS is how you do a comedy!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 19:04 

I'm interested in A Quiet Place: Day One. Not sure why though as A Quiet Place 2 was unbelievably rubbish.

Reply to topic  [ 21153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 420, 421, 422, 423, 424