What have you bought?
Don’t say it, display it
Mimi wrote:
I did not buy a thicknesser today, but I DID sign up to a woodworking community workshop where some nice man called Ivor has said that it’s ok that I am a complete beginner and that I will have plenty of help from committee members to build birdhouses, bird tables and the like and learn some skills.

Just wanted to share with someone else who is obviously a master carpenter like myself.

Fabulous, Meems. I’m sure you’ll excel and hopefully really enjoy it. Watch out for splinters!
Sounds great, Mimi! Looking forward to seeing your creations.

Nice one, DB! Infinite wood ahoy, now you can thicken the pieces you already have.
I bought a puzzle maker yesterday.
Trooper wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I did not buy a thicknesser today, but I DID sign up to a woodworking community workshop where some nice man called Ivor has said that it’s ok that I am a complete beginner and that I will have plenty of help from committee members to build birdhouses, bird tables and the like and learn some skills.

Just wanted to share with someone else who is obviously a master carpenter like myself.

That's fantastic, well done! :)

Can you make me one of these? I want one, but I don't want to pay £75 for one :D

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1742257 ... ch_click=1

That looks like a fairly straightforward DIY project.
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Trooper wrote:
Mimi wrote:

That's fantastic, well done! :)

Can you make me one of these? I want one, but I don't want to pay £75 for one :D

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1742257 ... ch_click=1

That looks like a fairly straightforward DIY project.

:this:
Sir Taxalot wrote:
But why are the edges of the new one serrated?

I've only noticed this as a trend on dustpans recently. Realhomes.com says, "You might not have noticed them before, or perhaps you just dismissed them as a random design feature. But these ridges are designed to pick up excess dust and hair that collects on the bristles of the brush while you're sweeping up any mess. Anyone who has used an old broom to sweep up a tiled floor will know how quickly lumps of dust accumulate and stop the bristles from doing their job. Comb your brush through the grooves to remove the dust, hair and crumbs, rather than spreading swept-up dust and germs around your home."

This sounds like bollocks to me, but I haven't put it to the test.
I bought one of these last year. It's as Hozelock Multi spray pro, current cost is £29.99, and it developed a leak through the handle.
Attachment:
hoze gun old.jpg

I was going to buy another one, but noticed that a lot of reviews said they'd had the same problem, so I bought a cheaper one at £16.99.

Attachment:
hoze gun new.jpg

I've had a couple of these before as well, and they'd last longer if certain members of the family didn't allow the gun to drag along the ground when winding in the hose.
I've stopped buying plastic hose bits and guns and switched to brass (making sure it has nylon and rubber bits inside, not plastic) because plastic fails way too quickly, especially when you're lazy and don't drain it all and move it all indoors over winter.
Warhead wrote:
Sir Taxalot wrote:
But why are the edges of the new one serrated?

I've only noticed this as a trend on dustpans recently. Realhomes.com says, "You might not have noticed them before, or perhaps you just dismissed them as a random design feature. But these ridges are designed to pick up excess dust and hair that collects on the bristles of the brush while you're sweeping up any mess. Anyone who has used an old broom to sweep up a tiled floor will know how quickly lumps of dust accumulate and stop the bristles from doing their job. Comb your brush through the grooves to remove the dust, hair and crumbs, rather than spreading swept-up dust and germs around your home."

This sounds like bollocks to me, but I haven't put it to the test.
the Shark vacuum we got has a pet hair attachment that does basically the same thing. Works well.
How dirty do sharks get?
Not at all with this vacuum
Page 82 of 82 [ 4061 posts ]