Bits and Bobs
Are you from the America, Mali?
No, I'm Cornish by naturalisation. Why?
MaliA wrote:
cellphone
Oh, that.

Yeah, It's what I've always called them for some reason, and it's a hard habit to shake. Besides, it's pointless my calling my cellphone a mobnile phone as it always lived at home, or under seat of motorbike.
Grim... wrote:
Is it as scary as Cupboard Chewie?

That is disturbing, yet excellent.
Where to people tend to buy hats from, as I need more?
SteONorDar wrote:
Where to people tend to buy hats from, as I need more?

I'd recommend visiting a milliner.
Zardoz wrote:
Hat shops.

Thanks...

The only hat shop I know has almost entirely womens hats, although I found a rather nice black trilby there. Otherwise, it's been vintage shops and they have very variable stock...

A quick google searcg for "Hat Shop Nottingham" only turns up ones in Derbyshire or Lincolnshire MR SAD HATLESS FACE.
Tailors sometimes sell hats.

Also - Marks and Spencer.
I bought my super hat from The Hat Company in Chester. They only have sub standard versions in there now, though.
The whole hat-wearing thing has been irredeemably ruined by Pete Docherty, whoever he is.
He wears a silly cockerney cake hat, or whatever they're called. They're as bad as beanies.
cake. It's a made up drug, made by sick bastards.
kalmar wrote:
The whole hat-wearing thing has been irredeemably ruined by Pete Docherty, whoever he is.

I had a trilby at least 11 years ago, before Doherty had even heard of a crack-pipe. And I'll be wearing hats many years hence, when the indie trendboys have stopped.
Tie Rack sells hats!
And socks. This diversification has gone too far!
Yes. Infact, wow often do you suddenly need to buy socks/hats/ties in an airport/train station?
I often travel naked, and so am well pleased when I can don fresh socks, a tie and a hat when leaving Birmingham New Street.
Do you tuck your winky between your bum cheeks?
Nah. I let it flap about dispensing yellow drips of wisdom.
<sighs>

Ah well, another day with not a lot at all to do here at work. I'm really rather down about this now, and want to go home.
I bought my first hat at http://www.lockhatters.co.uk/. Cost me seventy quid, which I don't think is unreasonable for a good quality hat. They don't seem to do it any more and the nearest one is £125. Ouch.

My current one was bought in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, but I can't remember the name of the shop. Long way to go just for a hat, though.
This makes me kinda sad in the same way Silent Running does.
Quote:
Filed Under Nintendo DS, Videos, WTF
Star Wars Episode IV plot according to a three year old -

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EBM854BTGL0
The Rev Owen wrote:

robots? ROBOTS? They're DROIDS. Stupid kid shouldn't be allowed to watch Star Wars.
We need a YouTube thread.

I'm going to make one.
I've drunk...

::looks in bin::

...four cans of Diet Coke this afternoon. And one this morning.

I'm all jittery.
Stu's removed me from his friends list on Xbox Live.

The Good : I'm now top on more leaderboards.
The Bad : It made me sad that he did that.
Don't be sad. It's kind of childish, rise above it.
Clearly, if you can't bring yourself to pay At Least £2 a month, then you're no decent competition and not worth even acknowledging the existence of any further. There may be a more reasonable reason, but it just seems like unnecessary silliness to me.

I wonder, if you had a mug at his house with your name on it, do you think that he'd also be chucking it in the bin right about now? If you had a real-life argument. "Stu, where's my cup?" "Shouldn't have giggled whilst I was trying to play Portal. And don't sit there, that's the Good Chair."
I'd laugh if he actually had a corner unit sofa, and is now in the process of having to find a new, more linear setup, after having thrown out the original in a rage.
And he doesn't play with his sticklebricks anymore.
Dimrill wrote:

Just to clarify; CUS was Sticklebrick, right? I always think CUS used to be "Breadbin". I think Breadbin was the Sticklebrick of the Mr. Biffo forums.
I have really no idea what you mean...
Today was the first day of my "two days a week" job in Wrexham, 33 miles away from my home.

I've got to go again tomorrow.

My car's broken.

The RAC had to bring me home.

*cry*
Notice how your fortunes have changed since you got that hideous avatar. Change it to something that is not hideously scary and I will send pixies to fix your car, and swap it for a new one with shiny windows.
CUS wrote:
I have really no idea what you mean...

You say that, but in a way that makes me think you don't really mean it.
CUS wrote:
"Shouldn't have giggled whilst I was trying to play Portal. And don't sit there, that's the Good Chair."

Never did find out how that ended. And I never did remember the name of the Third Game that he said he couldn't see (other than Dead Rising and Portal).
Well I'd say it was Space Giraffe, but that's only because I don't believe anybody can really see Space Giraffe, if they're honest about it. And anyone who insists that they can is just another one on my Liar List.
I appear to have missed the thread you guys are referencing, but are you saying Stu had problems with Portal's visuals somehow? I'm not sure quite how'd you manage such a feat.
No one else could understand how he couldn't make out everything either, unless his TV was crap. Which we were frowned upon for saying.
Oh, and you can't see the thread in question now, unless you're a subscriber. Joy.
Also it didn't have legendary controls, or something.

Mr Dave: A shame that, it had some of our best bezzy banter.
The Rev Owen wrote:

I like the bit:

"But don't talk back to Darth Vader, he'll getcha!"

I can just imagine an imperial officer warning arrogant guy before that briefing. In that voice.
Pod wrote:
Dimrill wrote:

Just to clarify; CUS was Sticklebrick, right? I always think CUS used to be "Breadbin". I think Breadbin was the Sticklebrick of the Mr. Biffo forums.

CUS is not Breadbin, Shirley? He's nothing like him.

Breadbin in his Mr Twig jumper.
Page 3 of 60 [ 2999 posts ]