Pretty pictures
...your own or from anywhere
Late night at Alton Towers. My last chance to ride The Nemesis before it shuts for a few years for a facelift
This is not mine, but it's pretty. It's from BBC's Week In Pictures 22-28 Oct 22.

People cross a footbridge over the River Garry near Pitlochry in Scotland as the trees display their beautiful autumn colours.

Attachment:
People cross a footbridge over the River Garry near Pitlochry in Scotland as the trees display their beautiful autumn colours. .jpg
DavPaz wrote:
Late night at Alton Towers. My last chance to ride The Nemesis before it shuts for a few years for a facelift

A few years?! That's one hell of a facelift.

I know nothing about the time taken to build or modify coasters, and I'm a little reluctant to look it up as I fear I'll be exposed to all manner of interesting articles and videos that I will spend time looking through instead of , y'know, doing the stuff I ought to be doing.
Attachment:
PXL_20230122_075015748.jpg

Taken at sun rise, last Sunday
That sunlight reflecting off the train tracks is glorious.
We went to an air show with Dr Zoidberg the weekend before last, and saw the Red Arrows. Most of these pics are small files as I’ve removed the larger formats from my phone to save space, but it was a great day, and probably the best weather of the year so far.

Not sure the pictures are pretty in themselves, but there were some great moments in the display.
Those are great pics! Was it the Cosford air show?
Malc wrote:
Taken at sun rise, last Sunday

Stunning shot, Malc!
GazChap wrote:
Those are great pics! Was it the Cosford air show?

No, it was the Midlands Air Show. It was a really nice day out. Stress-free. Drove straight in without meeting any traffic on the way. No queue even at the gate. A nice varied program. Started with model aircraft with pyrotechnics, then the main program. Plenty of food stalls, etc. Would recommend it for a day out.

The only slightly disappointing thing was that as it was strangely hot that day the ground had heated polio so much that there was too much air disturbance for the mass hot air balloon take off on the day that we went, and I’d loved to have seen that, but it couldn’t be helped.
I hope you were vaccinated against the heated polio.

But great photos. Amazing what you can do with just a phone these days.
Warhead wrote:
I hope you were vaccinated against the heated polio.

But great photos. Amazing what you can do with just a phone these days.

I took them with a non-phone camera. I’m not sure how well a phone would have worked. It was a nice day with incredible amounts of sun, and the sun is face-on so everything is backlit, but to be honest I didn’t try taking pics with my phone, so who knows. I think you got some phone pics, @dr Zoidberg?
They are amazing Mimi! Great work! :luv:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
They are amazing Mimi! Great work! :luv:

Thank you :luv:

It was a really great day out. Stick a picnic together, a few camping chairs, sun hats, fancy planes!
It was indeed a lovely day (and a good lineup as air shows go).

I mostly took videos which are trickier here, but did have a couple of still pics.
The detail on that hat is amazing.

@Mimi, it was you saying, 'I've removed the larger formats from my phone to save space,' that made me think that they were taken on it, but no matter, they're still great photos.
Warhead wrote:

@Mimi, it was you saying, 'I've removed the larger formats from my phone to save space,' that made me think that they were taken on it, but no matter, they're still great photos.

Ah, yes, that makes sense!

So, funny story. I have a camera, it takes an SD card. When I got my new laptop (a couple of years ago) it had no way to read the SD card, and because I am rubbish I have not actually got around to get an SD card reader for the laptop. I DO however have one that plugs into my phone, so if I take pictures with my camera, I load them onto my phone, then sort them from there. I know this is a stupid way around it, but I have a blind spot stopping me from getting a card reader for the laptop, because it has a connector type I’m not used to :DD
Amazing pics of the jets.
Mimi wrote:
Warhead wrote:

Ah, yes, that makes sense!

So, funny story. I have a camera, it takes an SD card. When I got my new laptop (a couple of years ago) it had no way to read the SD card, and because I am rubbish I have not actually got around to get an SD card reader for the laptop. I DO however have one that plugs into my phone, so if I take pictures with my camera, I load them onto my phone, then sort them from there. I know this is a stupid way around it, but I have a blind spot stopping me from getting a card reader for the laptop, because it has a connector type I’m not used to :DD

This is a perfectly reasonable solution. 10/10
What I really should do is get a card reader for the laptop, but actually the little phone card reader is so easy to use and makes the job so quick (as it’s easier to just get the phone out than to go and set up to sit with the laptop) that it makes the camera more enjoyable to use. Definitely worth the £5 or so I paid for it.
Page 3 of 3 [ 119 posts ]