YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN!
Bits & Bobs 40
Blocked by new Internet filter
Page 53 of 60 [ 2972 posts ]
Page: 1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 60
Mr Russell wrote:
gospvg wrote:
I'm now in the 98%
Giving Lovefilm £7.99, Netflix £4.99 & Sky Sports £4.99 a month.

Interesting that you're getting Lovefilm AND Netflix.

I expect a detailed comparison, young man.

I've had both for months.
throughsilver wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
gospvg wrote:
I'm now in the 98%

So what are your conclusions? Why not pick one over the other?
Mr Russell wrote:
throughsilver wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
gospvg wrote:
I'm now in the 98%

So what are your conclusions?

Netflix is miles better.

Quote:
Why not pick one over the other?

Different stuff is available. For example, I love David Lynch. But some of his stuff is on Netflix (Blue Velvet, I think Mulholland and Inland Empire), while LoveFilm has Twin Peaks and Elephant Man. Something like that.

Neither has Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, which is an annoying fact.

Netflix is way better in terms of performance. Watching TP (standard def, 4:3, from 1990), the app on my PS3 would tell me the connection has insufficient bandwidth. But change over to Netflix, and I can stream 'Super HD' content like Breaking Bad and Portlandia with no issues.

I use Netflix a lot more. I like modern sitcoms and documentaries, for which it is great. I think LoveFilm has the better film selection, mind.

I would cancel LoveFilm, but it's a bit of a habit at this point. I've had some of their DVDs for months.
Without Netflix (and the built-in web browser) I wouldn't have used my Wii U between last December and July, fact fans.
I have to go to Maidenhead twice with work in the next few weeks to see a supplier. Once with people from my department for a day and then once by myself overnight. It should be quite fun, although going to The South is something I find strange now, with people's funny voices and mannerisms. To reciprocate, I'm taking them to Doncaster to see a warehouse.
Left wedding ring at home. Again.
MaliA wrote:

Why are you taking it off?
He makes a good point. I only take mine off when I play the drums.

I forgot once and had a massive, bloody blister after only half a song. Horrible.
SilentElk wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Why are you taking it off?

Went to bed. I did the same yesterday.
MaliA wrote:
Went to bed. I did the same yesterday.

It's generally recommended to go to bed once a day so you're doing it right so far.
TheVision wrote:
He makes a good point. I only take mine off when I play the drums.

I forgot once and had a massive, bloody blister after only half a song. Horrible.

I have to do the same when I'm playing bass. Guitar is ok. I have a necklace I put it on for when I'm on stage, as otherwise the wife thinks I'm trying to pretend to be single.
Why do you take your wedding ring off in bed?
DavPaz wrote:

So the girls in his dreams think he's single.
DavPaz wrote:

Same reason I take my underpants off. It is nigjttime.
I take mine off to type (it's on my Esc key right now) because it gave me blisters (don't ask, don't know) or when I'm working on my car.
I took mine off when I got divorced.. :)
KovacsC wrote:
I took mine off when I got divorced.. :)

Acceptable.
MaliA wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

Same reason I take my underpants off. It is nigjttime.

Ja.
I only take my ring off when I'm using or washing knives.
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
I only take my ring off when I'm using or washing knives.

That's only because you fancy one of the girls in the soup kitchen you work in.
Grim... wrote:
Grim... wrote:
gospvg wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Music is difficult at the moment I have no solution. I'm in two minds if I need to go for a streaming solution of just purchase from a store like Amazon/Goolge Play/iTunes?

Spotify?

Spotify is streaming only is it not?
Can I keep songs offline?

Sort of - you can cache them but you can only play them back with the Spotify software.

My only concern with Spotify is when they lose a licence to an artist or album those songs will disappear from my playlist. I think I will stick with purchasing MP3 tracks. Then I can at least move the MP3 onto any device I want. Also at £120 year for Spotify I don't think I would spend more than £40 or £50 a year on buying MP3 songs.
I'm probably going to drop Spotify for XBox Music when I get my new phone. Christ, I'm turning into such an M$ whore in my dotage.
Mr Russell wrote:
throughsilver wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
gospvg wrote:
I'm now in the 98%

So what are your conclusions? Why not pick one over the other?

For me they both offer different services Netflix is great for Kids shows, Bollywood movies & Tv Shows. Lovefilm is great because I'm impatient & want to watch the latest movies & can't wait for them to appear on Netflix.
gospvg wrote:
My only concern with Spotify is when they lose a licence to an artist or album those songs will disappear from my playlist. I think I will stick with purchasing MP3 tracks. Then I can at least move the MP3 onto any device I want. Also at £120 year for Spotify I don't think I would spend more than £40 or £50 a year on buying MP3 songs.

That's exactly how I feel about it. I probably spend about £200-£250 a year on music, but if I download it from iTunes or Amazon that I get to keep it forever.*

Spotify is like glorified radio to me. I just can't get on with it.

* effectively
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
I'm probably going to drop Spotify for XBox Music when I get my new phone. Christ, I'm turning into such an M$ whore in my dotage.

I'm thinking of doing this too... but it all depends on the cost. The new Lumia seems a tad expensive so far and I can't see it on EE yet which is a worry as I have a friend who gets me a good discount with them.
Also... My wedding ring won't fit over my escape key.
SilentElk wrote:

That's *exactly* how I use it. Free account only though. At least the ads aren't too annoying. Unlike Radio City!
TheVision wrote:

Mine either. Grim... has massive sausage fingers though.
SilentElk wrote:
TheVision wrote:

Mine either. Grim... has massive sausage fingers though.

I only had it made smaller a few months ago!

Attachment:
2013-09-13 10.44.43.jpg
Mine fits

Attachment:
IMG_1686.JPG

Malc
Malc Shovelhands.
I've got a thumb ring that doesn't even fit over my escape key. Maybe Malc and Grim have comedy small keyboards that they tap daintily away at and we're needlessly slandering their tiny little fingers here?
Bamba wrote:
I've got a thumb ring that doesn't even fit over my escape key. Maybe Malc and Grim have comedy small keyboards that they tap daintily away at and we're needlessly slandering their tiny little fingers here?

No, I think Myp is closer to the truth...

Malc
SilentElk wrote:
gospvg wrote:

That's exactly how I feel about it. I probably spend about £200-£250 a year on music, but if I download it from iTunes or Amazon that I get to keep it forever.*

* effectively

Yep I'll stick with iTunes/Amazon instead.
Never take my wedding ring off. And I mean never. Not even when people absolutely insist (e.g. when I'm working in various factories), I just make 'em tape it up.

The only exception, ever, was when I had an MRI on my back a couple of years ago.

Same goes for the neck chain Mrs C bought me nearly 20 years ago now. That never comes off either.
Cavey wrote:
Never take my wedding ring off. And I mean never. Not even when people absolutely insist (e.g. when I'm working in various factories), I just make 'em tape it up.

What if you're doing something that could damage it?

Hodding bricks, perhaps ;)
Grim... wrote:
Cavey wrote:

What if you're doing something that could damage it?

Hodding bricks, perhaps ;)

Nah, I'm only ever "observing", not "doing". (And I'm certainly not hodding bricks lol)

But anyway, it's covered in scratches but actually I like that. It's weathered, old, looks like it's always belonged there.
I take mine off for washing, and often just take it off to fiddle with and play with.

Malc
Malc wrote:
I take mine off for washing, and often just take it off to fiddle with and play with.

Malc

:hat:
Mine never comes off, but it's made of titanium so I'm not too worried about it getting too scratched up.

And it only cost £30
Mine is white gold and represents the fund for a set of carbon wheels.
Mine is carved from the skull of the man I stole my wife from.
Mine was a £25 jobber from Elizabeth Duke.

This may explain why I'm divorced.
GazChap wrote:
Mine was a £25 jobber from Elizabeth Duke.

:D

Mind you, mine was only £90 I think - just a plain band of gold. :)
(Mrs C's is a rather more elaborate affair however.... ;) )
GazChap wrote:

That's not true. There are many reasons. ;)
I have not worn my wedding ring now for about 10 years, have no idea where it is?
But still happily married :)
Mine wasn't expensive either - £100ish I think.

Wedding rings aren't meant to be anything but plain, IMO.
Mine is utterly plain, but it's a big old heavy chunk of platinum. And it's now worth a shit load more than I paid for it, which is nice.
Cras wrote:
Mine is utterly plain, but it's a big old heavy chunk of platinum. And it's now worth a shit load more than I paid for it, which is nice.

KERCHING
Went shopping for a bargain in town.

Metal Gear Revengence £15?
DmC £15?
I was umming and ahhing but they still seemed too expensive.
Resistence 3 was in a 2 for £10 but I couldn't find anything else I wanted.

Walked away with nowt... Ho hum.
Page 53 of 60 [ 2972 posts ]
Page: 1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 60

Active Topics