Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game VII Day 2
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:02 

Look up the game where Comical headed the cult for the posterchild case of massive public stupidity.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:06 
Time Out for Fun

Dudley wrote:
Look up the game where Comical headed the cult for the posterchild case of massive public stupidity.

I said other. Theres the two comical games where he fooled everyone pretty much, except you think this is happening again now but apparently doesnt include comical this time. anyway if i was the cult leader if I had to pick one person it would be comical the clever bastard.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:14 

But we are following the public inability to remember anything from day to day. Like all those people defending Curiosity with reasoning that was, at best, broken.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:47 

I see I have to defend my position again. Ok, I'll try and do it slowly this time.

Curiosity was on the verge of a lynch, he claimed to be the SK, and offered to help the town.
It was pointed out that SK was the only role he could possibly claim and not get lynched on the spot, so I was taking it with a pinch of salt. However, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for the following reasons:

If he really was the SK, and did what we wanted, then it could have been an asset to the town. Obviously, depending on how we chose his victims, it would be subject to the same amount of luck/judgment/mob mentality as our ordinary lynches (which, day 1 excepted, haven't usually been too successful). If he didn't or couldn't do as we asked, then we knew who he was and could kill him.

If he was mafia, then I didn't see we had anything to lose. There would still be a mafia kill anyway, and if the real SK decided to cover for Curiosity by making the kills we asked for, then we were still getting what we wanted. The only problem is, that when the time came, we wouldn't know who the real SK was, although we don't anyway, so we'd have been no worse off. The only way this could go wrong is if he was the only goon, which is apparently the case. If the doctor managed to protect the mafia's victim, then we can assume that would have happened whether Curiosity was alive or dead. If the mafia chose not to kill, they probably only did so because Curiosity died.

If he was the cult leader, then obviously things would have been bad, but I didn't really think he was and I don't think anyone else did either.

In conclusion, if we'd kept him alive, we'd have had nothing to lose (except perhaps focus), we always knew he was a bad guy of some sort, so we always had him right where we wanted him.
As it was, there wasn't a mafia kill last night, and if that was because Curiosity was the only goon, or the other goons chose not to kill, then I don't think anyone predicted that.

I'm not sure why that's broken? In hindsight it was wrong, but without that benefit, I think it had just as much merit as killing him.
Let's look at it this way, what if we hadn't lynched him, and instead got the cult leader? That would have been a better result as we'd have eliminated the cult completely.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:50 

Also in game 2, I think the only failing was that nobody realised that Grim... saying "I'm the scientist" had made him a prime candidate for recruitment on night 1, but in fairness that was our first cult game, so you can forgive our naïvety. Anyway, I got killed by the mafia on night 2, so I accept no responsibilty for what happened after that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:10 
[vote:zaphod79]

"Lynch" is only one letter away from "lunch". And I love lunch!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:10 

Why do you think the deadline is midday, we're going to do both!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:35 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

mrak wrote:
"Lynch" is only one letter away from "lunch". And I love lunch!

Hey - i'll sort out lunch , it can be a nice buffet lunch , but the only pud will be humble pie for lynching a townie :-)

Anyway I think i'm on 7 votes now - so its not totally gone but a chance for some last words - I guess a lot of this people will disbelieve until after the excellent lunch spread that i'm going to cook for you guys now so i'll stick it in spoiler tabs (also means it wont take up 3/4s of this page).

Only two things i'll say outside of the spoiler tabs are

I voted to lynch Curio on day one before his role claim

The towns biggest threat is the cult , its worth keeping the SK around a while until the cult leader falls , because if that doesnt happen till about day 4 or 5 then the SK has probably got a much better chance of winning than the town :-)

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
So - I've been lynched and you've found out iI'm actually a townie - where does this put the town now.

Some of the people voting for me will have been mafia because they know its no loss to them , however unless theres is a very small number of them they are also going to have been voting for other people so look for the odd votes in there and also compare those with the votes from yesterday (also remember they will have read this so be suspicious of other switch votes at this point unless they are against me or probably sheep)

For my money Craster is the SK , he was absolutely certain that Curio was not the SK , the only way he would know that was if he was :
The Mafia himself (duh!)
The SK himself.

However as I've said above unless we've got the Cult leader its better to have the SK around because its a better chance to kill that one person and stop them in their tracks.

Be wary of people who are telling us that the mafia or the SK is more of a threat - its the cult that *needs* to be stopped first (FOS at Dudley for saying that earlier).

I'll stick by saying GJ is non mafia because she pulled the trigger on Curio - it could be a double bluff but i think its quite possible the first day would have timed out without her

For the other supporters of Curio on day 1 its possible that one of them is Mafia but that really depends on how many Mafia are actually around if its a small number the mafia are not stupid enough to risk losing more than one person - I would look closely at people who maybe expressed the idea that you should not lynch Curio but were not all that vocal about it (so some of the odd / single votes for other players).

CG is a very loud and pushy person - if he suddenly goes quiet or acts slightly out of character then lynch him quick because the cult have got him and he's double thinking about what he should be saying :-)

/me Gets chefs uniform on and goes off to start cooking - any requests ?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:59 

zaphod79 wrote:

I'll stick by saying GJ is non mafia because she pulled the trigger on Curio - it could be a double bluff but i think its quite possible the first day would have timed out without her

I don't like this thinking. Curio was going to be lynched one way or the other, he had already sown the seeds of mistrust among you all and the double vote of GJ and Sheepeh at the end was the perfect chance to clear themselves of any links. Although them both voting at pretty much the same time looks to me like bad communication. Sheepeh didn't even know what vote number he was.

And once again they are keeping out of this tit for tat fight you guys seem to have gotten yourselves in to, which is ideal for both the mafia and the cult. I really do believe you are all just over eager townies.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:06 

I'd have to agree with Zaphod there. Everyone that voted early for Curiosity is almost guaranteed not to be mafia as there'd be no point in voting for one of their own at that stage as they wouldn't know how things were going to pan out.

Realistically, this means that:
ComicalGnomes, Kalmar, Malc, Zaphod79, Plissken (obviously), Zardoz, Goddess Jasmine, Craster, Squirt, GazChap
are almost certainly not Mafia, but there could be the SK or some cult people in there (although there was only one cult at the time).

Hilariously, after Curiosity claimed to be the SK, I voted to lynch him, but a few people had already unvoted by then.
I'm almost surprised by how much I changed my mind after he offered to kill for the town. ?:|

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:07 

Bluecup wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:

I don't like this thinking. Curio was going to be lynched one way or the other, he had already sown the seeds of mistrust among you all and the double vote of GJ and Sheepeh at the end was the perfect chance to clear themselves of any links. Although them both voting at pretty much the same time looks to me like bad communication. Sheepeh didn't even know what vote number he was.

And once again they are keeping out of this tit for tat fight you guys seem to have gotten yourselves in to, which is ideal for both the mafia and the cult. I really do believe you are all just over eager townies.

As I've put in my list in my last post. Although GJ got in the classic "not mafia, honest" last vote, she did vote for Curiosity earlier, so it seems unlikely she's mafia.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:07 

Joans has made a lengthy post above defending his position, despite currently only being on 1 vote (if my count is right).

This seems suspicious, but I am slowly beginning to believe that he is just an innocent townie. I'm now uncertain as to whether to keep my vote on Joans (for the suspiciousness of defending a position that isn't in that much danger) or to switch to Zaphod79 to assist with a lynch.

And I agree with Bluecup too, Goddess Jasmine and Sheepeh are playing "the quiet game" - this is to be expected from Sheepeh, who has historically not participated a great deal, but it's slightly more unusual from GJ. Jasmine has often been quiet, but I don't think she's normally this quiet.

At the moment I'm thinking that a switch to Zaphod79 is a switch that will uncover a bad guy of some sort, but I'm not exactly clear as to who it might be. Mafia seems more likely than Cult, but that assumes that the Mafia still have active players.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:08 

GazChap wrote:
Joans has made a lengthy post above defending his position, despite currently only being on 1 vote (if my count is right).

This seems suspicious, but I am slowly beginning to believe that he is just an innocent townie. I'm now uncertain as to whether to keep my vote on Joans (for the suspiciousness of defending a position that isn't in that much danger) or to switch to Zaphod79 to assist with a lynch.

And I agree with Bluecup too, Goddess Jasmine and Sheepeh are playing "the quiet game" - this is to be expected from Sheepeh, who has historically not participated a great deal, but it's slightly more unusual from GJ. Jasmine has often been quiet, but I don't think she's normally this quiet.

At the moment I'm thinking that a switch to Zaphod79 is a switch that will uncover a bad guy of some sort, but I'm not exactly clear as to who it might be. Mafia seems more likely than Cult, but that assumes that the Mafia still have active players.

I was merely defending my position from yesterday, as my logic was described as "broken, at best".
Whether I was on 0 votes today, or on my deathbed was irrelevant. :hat:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:08 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

We know that the mafia still have at least a doctor or a terrorist.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:23 

Joans wrote:
I was merely defending my position from yesterday, as my logic was described as "broken, at best".

Aah, fair enough then.

[vote:Zaphod79] then. If you turn out to be a bad guy Joans, I'll eat my testicles :DD

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:26 

GazChap wrote:
Joans wrote:

Aah, fair enough then.

[vote:Zaphod79] then. If you turn out to be a bad guy Joans, I'll eat my testicles :DD

I'm pretty sure that means they're on the menu either way now. :)

I'm not sure about Zaphod (I realise I'm still voting for him at the moment). I can't see him as being mafia because of his early vote on Curiosity, he could be one of the other bad guys though, but I'm not so sure. ?:|

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:33 
Legendary Boogeyman

Fuck this for a bag of chips, I'm off out for a few hours and when I come back I expect to see Zaphod hanging.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 15:05 
8-Bit Champion

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Fuck this for a bag of chips, I'm off out for a few hours and when I come back I expect to see Zaphod hanging.

/me stops preparing lunch and goes out to hang out the washing ....

What do you mean it isnt that type of hanging !

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 15:46 
Best
Board Mother

GazChap wrote:

Absolutly correct. I've been curled up on the sofa with my Pinata instead. I do feel better now though.

Can we have a vote update please?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 15:57 
UltraMod

Always happy to oblige:

Vote Update

craster: 1 vote (bobbyaro)
kalmar: 1 vote (dudley)
sheepeh: 5 votes (bluecup, kalmar, mr russ, zaphod79, zardoz)
zaphod79: 7 votes (comicalgnomes, craster, gazchap, joans, lacesensor, mrak, spinglo sponglo!)

Not voted: goddess jasmine, runcle, sheepeh, squirt

With 18 players alive, 10 votes are required for a lynch and 14 votes for there to be no lynch.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 18:55 
Legendary Boogeyman

myoptika wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:00 
Time Out for Fun

ComicalGnomes wrote:
myoptika wrote:

why have you put bluecup in bold?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:00 
Isn't that lovely?

Right,

Back from London, /me reads the rest of the thread.

Hmm, not much has changed really, we need to choose either Sheepeh or Zaphod.

I'd like to hear from Sheepeh, but I do think that he's just not got much access to his PC rather than anything suspicious, so I'd urge people to go for zaphod to see what happens.

Malc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:08 

I think we have a problem, although at the moment, not a big one.

We have a serial killer on the loose, but as in most games, it's surely just a matter of time before they die. What they do in the meantime, may hurt us or help us.
We have at least 1 and probably 2 cult members. This could be 3 tonight, and we need to start worrying.
We have at least 1 mafia left (the terrorist or doctor), there could also be a roleblocker that can't kill, and up to 3 goons left, if they decided not to kill last night, or happened to target the same person as the doctor (which would mean the terrorist was on the side of the mafia). If there are any goons left, they can't hide forever, so I'd expect them to kill tonight if they can.

I'm assuming Comical has highlighted what he thinks is a mafia block vote, but that would be pretty silly for them to do that, and both Kalmar and Zaphod voted for Curiosity early on, so that would be pretty crazy tactics if they were both mafia. I could see one mafia voting for a fellow goon to try and look innocent, but if two do it (at that early stage) they run the risk of getting the goon lynched (as he was).

Bluecup's post above sounds fairly townie-ish, but what do I know?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:11 
Legendary Boogeyman

Hmmm, I thought bluecup was also one of those who weren't voting for Curio, oops. Perhaps its just because he likes voting for me.

Joans, your logic is totally broken. It's a classic mafia tactic to vote for one of your own early on in an effort to alleviate suspicion, but when it gets down to it and it looks like the person might actually hang, they *must* switch, and they did. They're also non-Zaph votes, so it all fits so far.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:13 
Legendary Boogeyman

I still reckon Joans as scum, btw.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:14 
8-Bit Champion

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Hmmm, I thought bluecup was also one of those who weren't voting for Curio, oops. Perhaps its just because he likes voting for me.

Joans, your logic is totally broken. It's a classic mafia tactic to vote for one of your own early on in an effort to alleviate suspicion, but when it gets down to it and it looks like the person might actually hang, they *must* switch, and they did. They're also non-Zaph votes, so it all fits so far.

At the risk of sounding really silly - why must they switch ?

If they are part of a group which hangs a mafia on day 1 doesn't that make them even more above suspicion ?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:14 
Time Out for Fun

yeah I was just going to say joans has started to look suspcious to me recently.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:16 

ComicalGnomes wrote:

I don't remember us doing that as the mafia. It's ok to try and get a sneaky vote in to make you look innocent, but if more than one of you does it, then you create the bandwagon yourself which is a bizarre tactic.
However, if you want to look at it like that. Kalmar, Zaphod and Goddess Jasmine were the ones to unvote and prevent Curiosity from getting lynched. So maybe you have a point.

I think the main thing is, until they prove otherwise by killing, I'd be willing to assume all the goons were gone and we really need to concentrate on the cult before there are too many of them.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:18 

Runcle wrote:
yeah I was just going to say joans has started to look suspcious to me recently.

No, no, no, Runcle, you're miles behind. I looked suspicious all of thursday and friday, but I look less suspicious now. Apparently. :hat:

Hey, if you people don't like my "kill the cult" campaign, then you should start your robe fittings now.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:19 
Legendary Boogeyman

You're the exception that'll prove the rule, Joans ;)

You're either scum voting for a fellow scum in order to keep yourself looking clean.

or:

You're a scum voting for someone who might end up being a townie.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:21 

ComicalGnomes wrote:
You're the exception that'll prove the rule, Joans ;)

You're either scum voting for a fellow scum in order to keep yourself looking clean.

or:

You're a scum voting for someone who might end up being a townie.

I've already said I'm not sure about Zaphod. In fact I said I didn't think he was mafia, but you said my logic was broken.
If you're so sure I'm scum, put your money where your mouth is. :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:21 

ComicalGnomes wrote:

Like? I love voting for you.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:23 
Best
Board Mother

I don't see what difference it makes if it's mafia or cult, we just need to go for the bad guys!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:24 
Time Out for Fun

[Vote:zaphod79]

Im bored and fancy getting this moving along.

Last edited by Goddess Jasmine on Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:44, edited 1 time in total.
Fixed vote tags :0)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:25 

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
I don't see what difference it makes if it's mafia or cult, we just need to go for the bad guys!

Who are.......?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:26 

Interesting, deliberately fake formatting perhaps?

I also love voting for Gnomes, so it's very annoying I think he's innocent this time.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:27 

18 survivors

Max 5 mafia, possibly only 1
Max 2 cult, possibly only 1, but this is unlikely
1 SK

At least 10 townies, possibly 15.

The chances of hitting a bad guy aren't that great. I think we just need to lynch somebody, hopefully a bad guy, but we don't really seem to be able to agree on who might be bad.

Tonight the SK will kill again, the cult will recruit again, and we'll find out if the mafia can kill again. Then we get to look at the numbers again tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:28 

Dudley wrote:
Interesting, deliberately fake formatting perhaps?

I also love voting for Gnomes, so it's very annoying I think he's innocent this time.

I also think he's innocent, but I don't think that should be enough to stop people. Just in case. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:31 
Legendary Boogeyman

Joans wrote:
If you're so sure I'm scum, put your money where your mouth is. :)

I bloody did but it didn't take!

You're also doing that highly suspicious thing of making multiple analytical posts about the game. This to my mind is a standard scum tactic of attention diversion. A townie doesn't need to break his balls to appear so helpful, but your post count on this thread is off the chart, speculating in all kinds of directions. I ain't fooled, yo.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:35 

Probably the only game so far I haven't done multiple analytical posts about the game was the first one, where I was mafia. :)
I made loads of posts in the last game, when I was a townie, so I guess you could say it's just the way I play. Of course, if I was mafia, I'd probably be trying to steer you towards certain people or away from others, but unfortunately I'm not, so I don't have a clue which way to steer. :'(

Also, yes, my post count is through the roof. I am not proud of this. ?:|

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:39 
Best
Board Mother

Bluecup wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

Who are.......?

Bloody good question, people seem to be splitting into two camps over the SK fiasco yesterday. Now I agree that the cult are more dangerous to us, but day ones proceedings will be no help, and I haven't noticed anyone on day two posting any differently either.

I'm as stumped as anyone. I do agree that a lynching will get us some info and that Joans makes a point about the statistics of us hitting a bad guy not being as good as that of us hitting a good guy. But what we gonna do? ?:|

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:41 
Legendary Boogeyman

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
But what we gonna do? ?:|

LYNCH ZAPHOD.

Man.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:43 
8-Bit Champion

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

LYNCH ZAPHOD.

Man.

Has anyone every pointed out you can come across quite single minded at times ? :p

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:43 
Best
Board Mother

I'm not convinced he's bad though. In the interests of moving this along and info gathering [Vote:zaphod79]

One more needed by my calculation.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:44 
Legendary Boogeyman

zaphod79 wrote:
Has anyone every pointed out you can come across quite single minded at times ? :p

Yes, and arrogant and stubborn. Awesome traits, if you ask me ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:44 

zaphod79 wrote:
ComicalGnomes wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

LYNCH ZAPHOD.

Man.

Hey, he went from me to you. He strikes me as more indecisive. :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:45 
Legendary Boogeyman

Vote update plz myp.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:46 
8-Bit Champion

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
I'm not convinced he's bad though. In the interests of moving this along and info gathering [Vote:zaphod79]

One more needed by my calculation.

It would be interesting to go back over the thread and see just how many people are saying to Lynch me even though "they dont think i'm a baddie" - i'm sure thats been quite a few peoples comments.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 19:47 
UltraMod

Vote Update

craster: 1 vote (bobbyaro)
kalmar: 1 vote (dudley)
zaphod79: 9 votes (comicalgnomes, craster, gazchap, goddess jasmine, joans, lacesensor, mrak, runcle, spinglo sponglo!)

Not voted: sheepeh, squirt

With 18 players alive, 10 votes are required for a lynch and 14 votes for there to be no lynch.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next