Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ghost Recon: Future Solider
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 23:01 
Bad Girl

ReCON? Yeah, 'cause the PC version is apparently a bit of a mess. But who cares, 'cause we only play on our sexboxs around 'ere, init? ("yay" - Everyone) ("Nay" - someone)

Only kidding, we don't discriminate here.

Let me start by saying that if Ubisoft could sort out the lag this would be the most awesome multiplayer tactical shooter ever made. It's propah-good tactical shooting fun. You can tactically shoot people reet in their fucking face holes till the cows come home. It's better than CoD cause baddies don't need a clip full of hot lead in the arsehole. It's better than CONSOLE Battlefield 3 cause baddies don't need a clip full of hot lead in the arsehole. The standard game makes running around like a tit suicide since you don't need a clip fu... y'know.

So you get 8 on 8 multiplayer at its finest until the next gen comes along with superfast fibre optics laser beams blazing up your telly's fanny. It crams you into two teams of four and asks that you stick together or die pretty bloody quick. The cover system is ace, you can point to the next bit of cover and press a button and your generic solider from the future will vault over a thing and dash to cover. It's reet sexy.

Then you play the sniper and stand still AND FUCKING DISAPPEAR MAN. It's like magic (it's pretty cool in the campaign too) as you stand still and only all predator into the scenery and stuff. Then you scratch your nose and reappear. But anyway, it's cool.

The levels are a mix of sniper havens and rat runs for running and gunning or just creating kill junctions. A proper team can cause havok and a proper team against a proper team can make for a wicked tense affair as you try and gain ground on your opposition.

Oh, and it takes the best game from Killzone, the random objective thing.

The only problem: It's fucking laggy at the minute. Is my internet connection slow? I doubt it. It just doesn't feel like a solid multiplayer build. I reckon Ubisoft aren't that good at making a MP game that's as solid as The CoD, but I'm just guessing. I don't know what I'm talking about really. I just play the games init. Cor, that woman giving the news recap on BBC3 was frickin' HOT. Christ, she was Blazin' Squad hot. Nice dress an' all. Pink really suited her. I can't get on with it myself.

So GR:FS: fucking cool.

Too many colons, gah!

Post subject: Re: Ghost Recon: Future Solider
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 13:46 

I'm quite enjoying this so far, the singe player campaign that is. It reminds me a little bit of Rainbow Six Vegas, only a bit more bombastic and not even nearly as good. Still fun, though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 14:02 
Kinda Funny Lookin'

Is this cheap yet on the 360?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 14:05 

£23. I just hired it out, though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 21:57 
Bad Girl

I couldn't get on with Rainbow Six. It always felt like the baddies were always waiting; looking unblinking in the direction you were and no matter how stealthy you were, you'd always poke around a corner and some guy would immediately start blasting. It bored me.

GR:FS's campaign is much more forgiving. I've finished it now of course but I've had some lengthy breaks causes it's a little samey. Certainly when you're in the mood to sneak about and zap people in the brain from afar with you bullet push-sticks it does everything right.

I had fun but it lacked any real bombast or excitement through the campaign. Plus the characters were all fucking atrocious caricatures of yankee soldiers. Terrible, terrible.

One thing that pissed me off was x-ray, I mean, magnet vision. Like Batman before it, it's so helpful that you just stay in magnet vision and miss how pretty it all is. Stupid helpful technology needed to be rationed somehow to stop constant use.

Overal: the campaign is ok, I guess.

I wish I had 3 other friends with it though, 'cause 4 player Co-Op on the hardest difficulty would be freaking awesome though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 22:01 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I was very peeved that the back of the box advertises "Full Co-op Campaign" and "Offline Co-op:2 players", yet doesn't explain that the co-op campaign is online only and all you get in offline is the horde mode type game.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]